3.18.2012

The full Monte: An interview with ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ star and Alexandria resident Monte Durham

TV star Monte Durham says the most difficult to found his fame began to recognize him used to strangers on the street. But when a group of girls from the dam of him in a Starbucks on King Street Tuesday, is a list of his Sharpie to sign autographs and smile falling directly into the camera.
Residents of Alexandria is a celebrity consultant on TLC "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta," a reality show follows brides and their environment - in search of the perfect wedding dresses. He also criticized the red carpet at the Oscars this year for CNN, covering fashion in the royal wedding in London.
Durham is 50-something, quick-witted, bold and thin. If a bride asks her hair in disorder in the airline, which says things like "girl, the only possibility could be the hair of the aircraft, if they were on the wing."

Organza Off-Shoulder A-Line Wedding Dress with Ornate Beading and Embroidery CB1850
It is a natural star.
Monte Durham, left, tips for wedding dress action TLC "Say Yes to the Dress. Atlanta" (TLC / Walling McGarity)
However, Durham came from humble beginnings. Growing up in poverty in West Virginia, where he taught mathematics in a school in one piece, made the world through hard work and style, undeterred by answering a knock at the door when opportunity. What a career as a hairdresser and makeup artist on a journey through popular culture.
The resident of 18 years, spoke to Alexandria Times about his journey, which obviously does not end to end in the short term.
Alexandria Times: What is its history in the fashion industry?
Monte Durham: I was before people had hair like that. I went to every EU country and do hair and makeup and the girl sees the change of day and night, the altar of the reception room, and what kind of inspired me to level only.
And how did you end up in the TLC "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta"?
My best friend Lori Allen, owner of [Wedding Show] in Atlanta. She said: "You know, Monte, TLC has a program, as they do here in New York. "I said OK and went to Atlanta was on the set, mine. FTA was wondering who I was and what he did. They thought I was there. Chasse, I would, at over time.
I know absolutely nothing about wedding dresses. How something like an art form?
It's actually quite simple. I do not have what I call the formula F. three F's, in general, have a negative connotation, but if you are looking for a wedding dress. First, in the form and how it works with your figure. Next we see things - you want a lighter fabric, if you get married on the beach. And then we will look for the dress. Is it a mermaid, or an evening gown? Therefore, if you lined up the three F, chances are you find the perfect dress.
It is almost certain that I never need to access, but what is your advice to women seeking a wedding dress?
Each girl will be different. In fact, it is the personality. You can configure the same dress in three different girls and will be different in each, which is a very common denominators dresses wedding. But also, be sure to buy the designer and style for you. This is the guy sitting in the fourth largest bank, he thinks, "The bride wore a white cheap wedding dresses that looked great. Where's the bar?" My advice to the bride if the monogram is important to ensure that it is important for you not someone else.
What is the most difficult transition to a celebrity?
The worst thing for me is a stop for photos and autographs. Oh, my God, it's incredible. I went shopping at Safeway the other day and this woman stopped me and said, 'Oh, my God, what to do in Virginia? "Because they thought I was in Atlanta. It's amazing that people want my signature, and I can easily get out a pen. I signed everything from magazines airsickness bags.

Dazzling V-Neck Taffeta and Lace A-line Wedding Dress with Hand Beadwork and Embroidery CB1899
Dazzling V-Neck Taffeta and Lace A-line Wedding Dress with Hand Beadwork and Embroidery CB1899

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario